Top 10 Best Wire Cutters Reviews in 2020
The wire has functioned from supplying electricity to everything in your house. A fence is more durable and can not be chewed through. Therefore it can be useful to fasten items that have to be the best proof.
Whether you are cutting the wire to fix a cage or fence or you are doing work that requires precise cuts, then there’s a wire cutter for every objective.
Should you require a wire cutter for cutting heavy-duty edge wire all-around your premises and house, you are going to want a sturdy pair of wire. It could be convenient for you to choose mix pliers and wire cutters so you can twist and wrap the cable as well as cutting on it with one convenient tool.
If you are cutting wire for rewiring, you may need a wire cutter that can strip as well as cut. You must opt for a cutter that comes with an insulated handle. You won’t be electrocuted if you inadvertently cut on a wire. You can pick. This leaves a flat tip that is ready to strip and makes it effortless to cut close. Symmetrical cutters render a pointed suggestion.
Wire cutters with holes can be used to bend and loop wire of different diameters. Some wire cutters are equipped with the pits, a nose, as well as cutting capacity, for an all in 1 tool that can help you with all of the electrical work you will need to do.
Many wire cutters come in kits with other wire manipulating tools so you can get everything you want to tackle your fence with one purchase. While you need to carry and save numerous tools, instead of a wire cutter, generally different tools do the job better.
For every task, there is an instrument, but which tool is best for the task at hand? That. Whether for bike mechanics pilots, DIY, professional work, or what have you, cable cutters are a vital part of any toolbox — but that one is ideal for you?
Table of Contents
- List of 10 Best Wire Cutters
- 1uxcell Cutter Diagonal Wire Cutting Pliers Nippers, 4.5-Inch, Red
- 2IRWIN VISE-GRIP Wire Stripper, Self-Adjusting, 8-Inch (2078300)
- 3Wire Cutter and Stripper, for 8-20 AWG Solid and 10-22 AWG Stranded Electrical Wire Klein Tools 11063W
- 4Felco Cable Cutter (F C3) – Felco Cable Cutter (F C7) – Heavy Duty Strength Steel Wire One-Hand Cable Cutter with Non-Slip Grip (7mm)
- 5KNIPEX Tools – High Leverage Diagonal Cutters (7401250SBA)
- 6IRWIN VISE-GRIP Wire Stripping Tool / Wire Cutter, 8-Inch (2078309)
- 7Klein Tools 11055 Wire Cutter and Wire Stripper, Stranded Wire Cutter, Solid Wire Cutter, Cuts Copper Wire
- 8Klein Tools 63050 Cable Cutters, Heavy Duty High Leverage Cutters for Aluminum, Copper, Communications Cable
- 9Stanley 84-114 3 Piece Basic 6-Inch Slip Joint, 6-Inch Long Nose, and 6-Inch Diagonal Plier Set
- 10Neiko 01924A 3-in-1 Automatic Wire Stripper, Cutter and Crimping Tool, Self-Adjusting
- Buying Guides for Best Wire Cutters
List of 10 Best Wire Cutters
1uxcell Cutter Diagonal Wire Cutting Pliers Nippers, 4.5-Inch, Red
- Why spend more than you have to for a tool that will find the job done? At under $6, these are very affordable wire cutters.
- At just 4.5 inches long, they’re small enough to be mobile, so you can slip them into your pocket or tool bag as you go on your work around your home.
- Sturdy steel construction
- Simple to find a red grip
- Reasonable Price
2IRWIN VISE-GRIP Wire Stripper, Self-Adjusting, 8-Inch (2078300)
- The 8″ IRWIN VISE-GRIP Self-Adjusting Wire Stripper makes stripping wire from 10-24 AWG simpler than ever.
- Self-adjusting mechanism along with a swivel knob for micro-adjustments for gauges AWG.
- Wire crimper crimps 10-22 AWG non-insulated 22 AWG coated, and 7-9mm terminals.
- Wire cutter and ProTouch Grips for maximum comfort and reduced hand fatigue
3Wire Cutter and Stripper, for 8-20 AWG Solid and 10-22 AWG Stranded Electrical Wire Klein Tools 11063W
- Klein Tools’ Wire Cutter and Stripper include a cutting hole to be able to cut 8-22 AWG wires.
- The head that is stripping lets users grasp and tear wires effortlessly; it requires is to squeeze the grip. It’s crafted from cast metal material and finished with sturdy.
- Stripping holes take away insulation without harming wire.
4Felco Cable Cutter (F C3) – Felco Cable Cutter (F C7) – Heavy Duty Strength Steel Wire One-Hand Cable Cutter with Non-Slip Grip (7mm)
All these cable cutters are produced in Switzerland and unite a vinyl grip and a cutting edge. This is a durable cable cutter. What’s more, the layout features parts that can easily be replaced, increasing its durability.
This offering from Felco can cut through small- to cables. Strip and its triangular jaws are designed to reduce cables without leaving them jagged or frayed. They can be used for everything from electrical wires to brake cables.
The vinyl grip is highly ergonomic, which makes it comfortable and easy to use.
5KNIPEX Tools – High Leverage Diagonal Cutters (7401250SBA)
- If you have heavy-duty wire cutting to do, this high leverage diagonal wire cutter has you covered.
- The cast on the axle can cut any kind of wire, from the fence around your home to the piano wire.
- Cut wires without feeling the pressure with an optimally handle.
- Non-slip coated handles
- High leverage for cutting power
6IRWIN VISE-GRIP Wire Stripping Tool / Wire Cutter, 8-Inch (2078309)
The IRWIN VISE-GRIP Multi-Tool Wire Stripper / Crimper / Cutter is a must-have for anybody performing work.
- Induction hardened cutting edge.
- Combines a wire stripper, wire cutter, and crimper into one tool that:
- Cuts and strips 10-22 AWG,
- Crimps insulated and non-insulated terminals.
- Cuts bolts to size using a lead thread.
- Attributes a nose that is pliers for looping and pulling wire.
- ProTouch grips.
7Klein Tools 11055 Wire Cutter and Wire Stripper, Stranded Wire Cutter, Solid Wire Cutter, Cuts Copper Wire
The 11055 wire cutter and stripper out of Klein Tools are intended to create precision cuts. It’s capable of managing solid and stranded 10-18/12-20 AWG wires.
It has a serrated nose for shaping, bending, and drawing off wires. To get a more comfy, grip that is less tensed, the device includes handles that are double-dipped.
Characteristics decipherable markings on its sides.
8Klein Tools 63050 Cable Cutters, Heavy Duty High Leverage Cutters for Aluminum, Copper, Communications Cable
These cable cutters can be used for clipping and shearing aluminum, copper, and substances. They feature 4/0 cutting capability for aluminum and 2/0 for copper, with the cable-gripping jaws themselves using a capacity of 26.9mm.
These cable cutters from Klein Tools are therefore ideal for work in confined areas and are on the side. They are slim enough to fit in many toolboxes and tool pouches with ease.
The surfaces are through-hardened compared to case hardened, which helps the cutting surfaces alternatives. Additionally, the device comes with a joint, which allows it to keep cutting action.
9Stanley 84-114 3 Piece Basic 6-Inch Slip Joint, 6-Inch Long Nose, and 6-Inch Diagonal Plier Set
- This set includes three tools so you can achieve all your wire manipulation needs.
- These instruments are coated with a rust-resistant finish. The handle was dipped in the coat for added comfort. Chrome nickel steel gives a cutting edge.
- Comes with three components including cutter and pliers
- Rust-resistant finish
- Chrome nickel steel for tough cutting edge
10Neiko 01924A 3-in-1 Automatic Wire Stripper, Cutter and Crimping Tool, Self-Adjusting
- Structured 2.5mm heat-treated carbon steel that provides durability and extended life.
- Precision-ground holes and surfaces provide smooth motion.
- Hand grips provide comfort and control.
- Dolphin-style fore-edge that is curved protects hands.
- Internal spring returns the instrument to the position.
- Surfaces prevent glare and increase corrosion resistance.
Buying Guides for Best Wire Cutters
General-purpose wire cutters: The jaws are beveled to provide a cut that is solid, based.
Side cutters (flush cutters or shear cutters): The jaws are flat on one side and twist on the other to allow you to cut objects flush with the surface. With electronics tools, these can be further described as flush semi-flush, and full-flush.
Pincers (end cutters): All these change the angle of the limbs completely, so the cutting edges are at right angles to the handle. This is a tool for snipping nail heads off as you’d use.
Ratcheting Cable cutters: All these include a jaw, which is tightened, encircles the cable and cuts using a circular movement.
Jaws: These are used for detailed work in which precision is more important than cutting edge on electricity. The thinnest is known as needle-nose wire cutters.
Broad jaws: so it is possible to apply a lot of force, All these have plenty of substance behind the very edge.
Angled jaws: All these are located on vet’s and orthopedic cutters, therefore only the cutting edges are presented in which the cut needs to be made.
Tool steel: Most wire cutters are made of steel. It is hard but offers a degree of flexibility.
Steel: HSS can be utilized on some wire cutters. It is a kind of tool steel that keeps the sharpness of the cutting edge.
Steel plate: Wire cutter/wire stripper combination tools are generally made from steel plates since they do not have to be robust.
Hardeners: Some generators might even quote a Rockwell rating, which is an international standard of hardness that is relative and have a special hardening treatment.
What are the different types of wire cutters?
Different Kinds of wire cutters include the following:
• Bevel — Ideal for standard, offhand cutting software. Leaves nip or a spike on the wire.
• Flush — for preventing nips and spikes left from cutting Great. To reduce requires less pressure. Great for those who need to take care of tasks that obligate them to cut a lot of wires every day. It comes in two types; standard flush and ultra/super flush.
• Shear — Requires less pressure in contrast to cutters. Leaves a moderate step in the wire, not a nip or a spike. Has to be used with accuracy in order to prevent cutting material or the incorrect angle.
First, you need to think about your budget and decide how much you want to spend on wire cutters. Then look at this model’s specs along with the features. You can also consider going for wire cutters that come with a spring handle to reduce hand fatigue. You might also need to think about owning a few pairs of a wire cutter model.
Do not forget to appraise the standard of the wire cutter first. If you produce and sell jewelry, be sure that you invest in high-quality wire cutters to get excellent outcomes.
If you work as an electrician, you’re likely to want a cable cutter that’s capable of draining wires. This is necessary for a variety of rewiring jobs.
Also, you’re likely to need cable cutters that can cut through electric wires. Not all cable cutters are capable of doing this in a way that is secure.
As such, you should read the description to find out if the cable cutters cleared and in question are coated for cutting edge on wires.
There are wire cutters that are meant for use by carpenters. As is often demanded by both carpenters as well as electricians, these can be an excellent choice for cutting through aluminum and copper.
There is the simple fact that wire cutters can cut through metallic materials compared to most other alternatives. If you have to make cuts, cable cutters are going to be demanded.
For each of these reasons, it is crucial to have one or more pairs of wire cutters that can cut through copper, aluminum, steel, and electric wires.
We hope this list of the best wire strippers has been useful.